Cleaning your tiles and grout is important to make your home look new and refreshing the way it had been when you’d purchased it.
Home is your life’s biggest investment and you would never compromise on its beauty and health. Home tiles & grout is something that gets dust and stains easily. With the kids and pets around, the floor needs an extra care. Hence, to keep your tiles and grout clean, our highly professional tiles cleaning experts bring you a bunch of methods that you can use yourselves in-house:
Method 1: Mixture of Bleach and Baking Soda
Let’s prepare this method first –
- Take a bucket
- Add 3/4th portion of a cup of baking soda in the bucket
- Then, add 1/4th portion of a cup of bleach in to that bucket
- Mix it using a stick until its consistency becomes a paste-like
- Apply this paste to your grout and let it be there for around 5-10 minutes based on the harshness of the dirt
- Then, scrub brush the applied area of the grout
- Lastly, rinse off the grout
This method of cleaning your tile and grout works best with the white-colour tiles and grout. But, you need to take due care of not using bleach solutions anywhere in the darker colour tiles and grout.
Also, make sure you take care of yourself as well while using the bleach solutions. Use old clothes for cleaning your tiles and grout that are bleach-proof. Also, always wear rubber gloves as they are easy to clean and bleach-safe. Don’t forget to protect your eyes from bleach solutions using safety glasses and always keep windows open while working.
Method 2: Use Vinegar or Baking Soda or Their Combination
Vinegar works best for cleaning the stains on your tiles or grout. Let’s prepare this easy and the simplest solution to clean your tiles and grout:
- Take 2 cups of water
- Take 2 cups of vinegar
- Mix both of these well
- Add this mixture into a spray bottle
- Sprinkle this mixture using the spray bottle on the affected areas
- Wipe off the tiles & grout using a piece of cloth
Or, you can also use another solution with baking soda:
- Take 2 cups of water
- Add equal baking soda in the water
- Stir it until it becomes a paste
- Apply this paste to the affected areas
- Rinse the solution with water after cleaning
BEST Solution – Add the vinegar solution to the baking soda paste. Use this solution for the effective cleaning of your tiles & grout.
Method 3: Use Steam Cleaner
The steam cleaner is the most professional and eco-friendly method to clean your tiles and grout. Most of the leading tiles cleaning companies use this method because of this effectiveness in cleaning. It cleans the dust and hard stains too easily and effectively as it is its heat and pressure that works.
Let’s learn how to use a steam cleaner to clean your tiles & grout like professionals:
- Buy or rent a steam cleaner
- Heat your steam cleaner to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Keep the face of the steam cleaner towards your tiles & grout
- Move the steam cleaner along your tiles & grout continuously from left to right & vice versa
- Use rag to remove any dust residue or water
Method 4: Use Solution of Oxygen Bleach & Water
This is an excellent method to clean your white colour tiles and grout. Bleach always makes things shine brightly. Hence, let’s learn how to use this method of oxygen bleach and water for your tiles cleaning process:
- Take 1 cup of water
- Add 1 cup of oxygen bleach to the water
- Check for the quantity of this mixture on the packaging
- Use this mixture of water & oxygen bleach on your white colour tiles & grout
- Keep it on your floor for around 30 minutes to soak in the solution
- Then, take up a brush and start scrubbing your tiles & grout
- Keep adding the solution on the areas as and where required
- Repeat this method across all over your floor
- Rinse your entire floor with the clean water
Finally, you can see your floor shining away giving a fresh and inviting look to your home.
TIP: If you want to keep this shining floor every day, you can use the oxygen bleach in your mopping water and mop your floor with this mixture water. This will give your floors a sparkling look each day.
Well, you have now got ample amount of useful methods to clean your tiles and grout by our expert tile cleaning professionals. But, for your tiles good health, here are a few surprise tips for tiles & grout cleaning:
- While using any cleaners, make sure you don’t mix any cleaners as this might be harmful not just for your tiles, but even for you
- Always use any of the above solution in a small area to test whether the solution does not damage your tiles & grout
- Grout sealer can help your tiles look refreshing for longer period of time
- Whenever you plan to clean your tiles & grout, firstly begin with cleaning them with water so that it removes the loose dirt immediately to lower your cleaning burden
- Oxygen bleach can only be used with WHITE colour tiles
- While using any of the above solutions, always wear your gloves and mask to avoid any breathing problems
- If any of the above solution does not work for your hard dirt & stains on your tiles & grout, don’t try any other solution. Instead call the expert tile cleaning professionals.
Do you need any help with cleaning your tiles & grout cleaning? Toms has an expertise and experience of cleaning the hardest of the stains. Call us now.