Who likes the grouting between their floor tiles dirty? Especially the grout between your bathroom floor tiles. Your bathroom floor tiles are prone to get a lot dirty visibly. If your dirty grout is cranking your OCD or your simple love for hygiene is wanting you to get grout cleaned, call up a floor grout cleaning service or you can also do it on your own. Here’s how you can do it without using even a floor grout cleaner.
Things You Will Need For Grout Floor Cleaning
- Baking Soda
- Spray bottle
- Grout brush or scrub brush (a toothbrush works as well!)
- A bowl
How To Clean That Ugly Grout From Your Floor Tiles
- Fill up the spray bottle with an equal amount of vinegar + water. Now spray on the affected area properly.
- Let the sprayed solution sit on the floor for about five minutes, then follow it up with a scrub brush or grout brush. If you have none of these, a toothbrush would do just as fine.
- Rinse the floor with warm water.
- Make a paste in a bowl, with baking soda and water.
- Dip a toothbrush in the paste and work it into the grout.
- Sprinkle the area with your vinegar + water solution. The vinegar will cause the baking soda to effervescent and this will help suck out the dirt off the floor tiles.
- Use your brush fervently and get all the way into the grout lines to remove dirt buildup.
- Finally, rinse off with warm water.
The most apt way to save yourself from the dreaded grout scrubbing, again and again, is as follows and keeping your grout good looking:
Spray down your shower with equal amounts of vinegar and water mix.
Do this prior shower.
Clearly tag the floor grout cleaner spray bottle “Shower time cleaning” (set it up high, out of the reach from kids if that’s an option) and keep it in the washroom. You don’t have to spray religiously; 2-3 times each week before a shower will make a huge difference.
We hope now you’ll find yourself three inches away from your shower walls a lot less often!