Accidental paint spills on the tile and grout can be a disaster because they cannot be removed with simple tile and grout cleaning. It may leave stains behind, which will make your tiles look ugly. The dried paint means it is already settled on the tiles and grout and you need to remove it and its stain, too.
This article shares an effective tile and grout cleaning method with DIY hacks to help you remove dry paint and its stains completely.
1. Scarp Off the Paint
- Take a butter knife or scraper to remove dried paint from the tile and grout surface.
- Be cautious as you may damage the grout and tiles if you rub hard.
2. Acetone Paint Remover
- Take a clean cloth or an old, clean rag and damp it in the acetone paint remover. It will work on all types of paints as it can break down the particles and make it easier to remove paint and its stain.
- Gently rub the affected areas on the tiles and grout with the cloth damped in acetone paint remover.
- This will start fading the stain and transferring it from the tiles and grout to the cloth.
- You can damp it again in the acetone paint remover and continue rubbing until the stain is removed or faded.
3. Lemon for Effective Tile and Grout Cleaning
Usually, with the acetone paint remover, the stain will be lifted. However, if you still experience the stain, then follow these steps:
- Take a big lemon and make a thick slice of it by slitting it. Put this lemon slice on the stained area. You can use multiple lemon slices to cover the complete tile and grout that has a stain.
- Take a heavy book or a plastic bag and put that on the lemon slices and leave it for one or two hours.
- Remove the lemon slices.
- Rinse off the tiles and grout in the last step of tile and grout cleaning.
- This will remove the paint stains.
4. Distilled White Vinegar
If you still see the need for tile and grout cleaning Melbourne as the paint stains could not be removed, then use these steps for fine results:
- Mix a few drops of essential oil of distilled white vinegar. Heat it up to make it a bit warm solution for effective tile and grout cleaning.
- Take a magic eraser and moisten it into the cleaning solution.
- Dab moistened the magic eraser on the affected area for two to five minutes.
- Leave the stained area for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off vinegar from the tiles and grout.
These tile and grout cleaning methods will remove paint and its stains completely. If you still see paint marks, then the only option to follow is to call the professionals for tile and grout cleaning in Melbourne.