In the kitchen, tiles can fit in multiple areas: from kitchen splashback to the kitchen counter, walls, floor, etc. All places can have more than one type of tiles. Kitchen tile selection is often a confusing topic for homeowners. In this article, we will share the top tips that will help you choose the perfect tiles for your kitchen.
1. Tile Types
- According to a leading company offering professional tile and grout cleaning in Melbourne, people often choose the wrong tiles because they do not give emphasis to the type of tiles. A majority of people are more influenced by the design pattern and its appearance.
- To help you choose the right tiles for the kitchen and different areas of the kitchen, here are some important information on the tile types.
- Major tile types available in Australia:
- For kitchen backsplash and walls, you should use glass tiles.
- Ceramic, terracotta, porcelain, and quarry tiles can be used for counters or floor.
- According to a leading tile and grout cleaning company in Australia, bamboo, vinyl, and cork tiles are more commonly used for flooring in Australian homes.
2. Life of Tiles
- Similar to any other material or furniture, the tiles also get signs of wear and tear.
- The kitchen is one of the heavily used areas. Moreover, hot pans and oily cookware to be placed on the kitchen top are common. Your kitchen counter tiles need to be durable to handle the heat. Moreover, it has to be easy to clean, so after simple wiping or a weekly round of tile and grout cleaning using a DIY hack make them clean.
- Ceramic tiles are great in withholding the high temperature, but they may get a chip or crack as it comes with an uneven surface, so be cautious while selecting the tiles.
3. Floor Tiles have To Be Durable
- The kitchen is one of the heavy traffic areas. Therefore, the tiles have to be durable to handle heavy traffic.
- Tiles are usually slippery, but your floor cannot be slippery to make sure nobody gets hurt.
- The floor tile and grout cleaning should be an easy process. Mopping should clean the kitchen floor.
4. Required Maintenance of Tiles
- This is another factor that you need to consider when you decide to buy the kitchen tiles.
- The maintenance usually includes the tile and grout cleaning to preserve its beautiful looks.
- It also includes the care of the tiles to make sure they do not get too dirty that they cannot be cleaned even after the professional tile and grout cleaning Melbourne. The care part also includes not hampering the tiles, so it needs replacement.
- The tile type you are going to buy should be low maintenance, so you can make sure you do not end up spending more on maintenance than the actual cost of the tiles.
If you are looking for a professional Tile and Grout Cleaning Melbourne company to keep your tiles well maintained, contact us now.