Steam cleaning often gives amazing results when used to clean carpet and some specific types of upholstered furniture. It can also be used for tile and grout cleaning.
Many people have a question, is grout steam cleaning a safe method to clean grout?
The direct answer is yes, it is a completely safe method to clean any type of grout because:
- It does not include any chemicals in the cleaning process. Therefore, it is safer than some alternatives that use chemicals. Chemicals can be harmful to grout and can damage it.
- It cleans all bacteria, mould, and other pollutants to make grout completely clean.
One thing, you need to keep in mind is grout steam cleaning is safe only and only if it is done by experts or experienced person. If you have never used steam to clean the grout, you better not experiment.
Any of the following types of tiles can get excellent results with steam cleaning:
It is recommended to use a professional steam cleaning service from a company that offers grout cleaning at a regular interval including steam cleaning for grout. If you want to try it yourself, here is how to grout steam cleaning needs to be done:
- Steam cleaning tool with grout cleaning brush attachment
Grout Steam Cleaning Method
- To remove excess dirt and hard dust from the tiles and grout, first, clean it with a broom. It is necessary because excess dirt can choke your steam cleaning tools.
- Once you clean the tiles with a broom, mop the tiles with a damp cloth or mopping tool you have. You can clean it with a cloth that is damped in clean water. If tiles and grout are very dirty, clean with powdered water, followed by a clean water rinse.
Once you complete pre-cleaning steps, follow this cleaning method for effective grout cleaning using steam cleaner.
- Pour water into your steam cleaning tool and set it to steam. Follow the instruction given by the manufacturer.
- It will take only a few minutes to transform water into steam to be used in steam cleaning.
- Once you see, your steam cleaner is ready for grout steam cleaning, you can attach the hose to the cleaner. Make sure you use the brush given for grout cleaning. Do not use the brass brush as it is harsh and able to hamper your grout.
- Once ready, start cleaning grout by turning on the steam.
- Dynamically move the steam cleaning tool back and forth on the grout. You should start scrubbing a small area to start with and once cleaned move to the next one.
- Once you clean one section with the steam cleaning, turn off the steam cleaner to rinse and mop the cleaned area. This process will remove filthy water and dirt associated completely.
- Finish the whole room by repeating steps 4 to 6.
Contact Toms Tile and Grout Cleaning Melbourne for grout steam cleaning in Melbourne and its suburbs. Get a free instant quote now!
Read Next Blog: