Professional tile and grout cleaning is the best way to keep your kitchen, bathroom, and hall tiles crystal clear. However, you cannot call professionals all the time. Therefore, learning the best tile floor cleaning tips and hacks is necessary.
3 Tips for Stone Tile Cleaning
- Know your stone type before trying any DIY hack.
- Always use tile type-specific tile floor cleaning
- Never use acidic cleaning solutions or harsh chemicals for stone tile cleaning.
4 Cleaning Hacks Based on Stone Types
Tile floor cleaning for any type of tiles
- This method of tile and grout cleaning in Melbourne can be used for all types of tiles.
- Vacuuming tiles with the right cleaning brush once or twice a week is necessary to remove debris and hard objects. You can also use broom cleaning.
- Your tiles need to be cleaned with wet cleaning once a week or in two weeks.
Cleaning Stone Tiles
If your floor has stone tiles like marble, slate, or granite, then you will need a specific tile floor cleaning method and cleaners. You cannot use the same cleaning material. Incorrect cleaning methods also damage the stone, so better use professional tile and grout cleaning service and tips for routine stone cleaning.
For routine cleaning, keep the following tips in mind:
- Do not use a hard brush, scrub, or scouring powder as it can scratch the stone.
- Avoid using acidic tile floor cleaning solutions like lemon, vinegar, etc.
- Dry out the stone immediately after wet cleaning else it will leave the water spots behind. You can use dry mopping after wet cleaning to avoid water spots.
- For cleaning stone flooring, you can use a pH-neutral mild detergent.
Marble Tile Cleaning Hack
- Vacuum clean the floor.
- Mix dishwashing soap and 2 tablespoons of baking soda in lukewarm water to make a cleaning solution to perform tile and grout cleaning in Melbourne.
- Gently scrub the tiles with a soft bristle brush dipped into the cleaning solution made in the above step. Rinse the brush in clean water and dip it again in the cleaning solution. Repeat the process.
- Dry mop the marble tile as the last step of stone tile floor cleaning.
Slate Tile Cleaning Hack
- Vacuum clean the floor first.
- Mix a half cup of mild soap into four gallons of lukewarm water.
- Wet mop the floor with the cleaning solution created in the above step. Change the water if needed to get the best results.
- Dry out the slate floor.
Grout cleaning is as important as tile floor cleaning. To effectively clean grout, follow the below-mentioned tips:
- Mix water and baking soda to make a thick paste.
- Spread it over grout or stained area and let it sit for 6 to 8 hours.
- Take a soft bristle brush to scrape off the baking soda paste. Be gentle to make sure you do not scrape off the grout.
- Wash with clean water and let it dry out completely.